Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Excerpt Day 2

"Sparkles in a Glowstick"

“I don’t care about bioluminescent lakes, dad. I like my sparkles in a glowstick,” I stated, crossing my arms as I sat in the passenger seat of his Jeep, my dad in the drivers’.

“What?!
How could you not care? They’re so cool! I mean, they are lakes that glow!” my father responded, throwing one hand up in the air in disbelief at my lack of amusement for what he was so uncontrollably excited about. “Well, once you see it, I think you’ll change your mind,” Dad stated with a tiny grin on his face, eyeing me.

I just shrugged and sat in my seat with my arms crossed, glancing at him, then looking away after I saw him watching me. After a few moments I looked again, and still there he was. “Why are you staring at me?!” I groaned and rolled my eyes, my dad laughing. I hated it when he did this. He knew how easy it was to get a rise out of me, and he thought it was funny. It wasn’t so funny to me, though.

- Kenzie Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment