Monday, March 25, 2019

Excerpt Day 6

I've always been able to remember more detail than everyone else, but combined with my new abilities I'm able to push my limits. When I feel someone's hands, I can memorize the patterns of their fingerprints, when I feel a leaf I can trace out its system of veins. At first I didn't know what felt so different about each hand and leaf, but now it becomes natural to analyze and memorize every touch and sensation.

My awareness isn't only limited to external contact. I am more conscious of my breath and heartbeat. I feel the blood rushing through my veins, the poisons being flushed out of my body, and the surface of my skin exfoliating. Pain doesn't only consist of pain anymore, it sometimes feels refreshing when the blood leaves my body to allow for replenishment and restoration.

I have more appreciation for my body now that I can focus on the process that it goes through during damage, healing, and preservation. Our bodies are hard at work and most of the time we don't even have to worry about it. I try to be more careful for my own sake and give it enough rest after continuous maintenance. The body shouldn't be burdened to do everything on its own, it can only help you if you take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment